When accessing our website, we will process data in server log files. This data derives from your terminal equipment and may include personal data. In particular, we process the following data:
- The operating system of your terminal equipment
- The browser used by you (when accessing the website)
- The name of your provider
- Your IP address
- Data and time of access
- Accesses pages and search terms (if applicable)
- The website that referred you to our website (referrer; when accessing the website)
This processing activity is necessary to ensure the operation of our website, to optimise the content and deliverability of our website, and to provide the necessary information to public bodies in case of a cyber attack. Therein also lies our legitimate interest for data processing. Legal basis for this processing activity is our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR).
We regularly delete this data after 14 days, in case of misuse after administrative or legal proceedings are finished.
Tracking and cookies
- Providing our website
- Analytics and personalisation - Tracking
Providing our website
- Save your preferred language version of our website or similar settings for your next visit.
- Distribute requests to our website across multiple web servers (load balancing).
- Provide a uniform context (session) to multiple requests to our website, in order to facilitate login-secured parts of our website or checkout / payment processes.
- Save your consent regarding tracking tools and active / deactivate tracking tools according to your choice.
- Provide social logins via third parties
Our legitimate interest for these processing activities lies in the uninterrupted usability of our website and in ensuring that user interactions are actually linked to an authenticated user.
Legal basis for this processing activity is our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR) and § 15 para. 1 TMG.
Analytics and personalisation - Tracking
Provided you have given your consent, we process information on your terminal equipment and the browser you are using (in the case of the website) every time you interact with our website. For example, we can find out with which language settings you use our website, whether you use a smartphone or a desktop computer or from which country you access our website.
In addition, we process information about how you interact with our website, e.g. from where you are referred to our website, how long you use our website and the path you take through individual sub-pages. For example, we can record whether you found us via a search engine (and if so, under which search term) or an advertisement, how long you spent browsing the content of a particular page and how many pages you visited in total.
Legal basis for this processing activity is your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR and § 15 para. 3 TMG.. You may withdraw or change your consent for future processing at any time by changing your tracking settings. Additionally, you may change your browser settings regarding cookies and similar technologies.
We use the following products for analytics and personalisation:
Google Analytics / Google Optimize
Google Analytics and Google Optimize are provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”). Google processes your data on our behalf (data processor). Our configuration of Google Analytics and Google Optimize does not allow Google to use data that is gathered through Google Analytics or Google Optimize to improve Google products and services.
Please find more information about the cookies that are used by Google Analytics and their respective storage periods here
. Google Optimize also uses the cookies that are set by Google Analytics (please refer to the documentation here